New Exhibiton at the Kalmar County Museum
Now you can make Time Travels inside the Kalmar County Museum! The new exhibition “Return journey” takes the visitor to different places and historical time periods in the Kalmar County. Using the Time Travel method raises reflections and issues important for us today. For example, when you in the Exhibition-Time Travel “meet” emigrants in 1900, you probably ask yourself; - What would make me move from home? What would I bring on my journey? What is it like, coming to a new country? Of course we also (in a special travel pamphlet) encourage the visitors to visit other places in the Kalmar County in real life as well!
This summer we welcome tourists and everyone that is interested and curious. From school start, end of August, we also offer pedagogical programs for learners of all ages.
The exhibition was opened June 18 by Ebbe Westergren, Kalmar County Museum, President of the Bridging Ages Organization and creator of the Time Travel method.
Maria Kanje, Curator, Tina Lindström, Head of education and exhibition, Kalmar County Museum
- South Africa
- Jämtlands läns museum
- Kalmar County Museum
- Historical costumes at Kalmar County Museum
- Historical props at Kalmar County Museum
- Eketorp Castle
- International meeting in Sweden
- "A day of the fifties" Time Travel to 1959 in Frödinge, Sweden
- A National/International Centre in Historic Environment Education in Kalmar
- Time Travels' 20th Anniversary!
- Historical Fashion Show at Kalmar County Museum
- Historic Environment Education at Linnaeus University
- Gesällen, Archaeology with young students
- Eketorp Fortress – making history today
- More living - Active age, Elderly care and heritage, South Africa and Sweden
- NCK - The Nordic Centre of Heritage
- Living in two worlds
- Bystanders – Does it matter?
- Young people reflect on life and faith
- “Uprise or negotiations?” Oskarshamn, Sweden 1542
- Elin – a hardworking trainee at the Kalmar County Museum
- “Return journey”
- Bridging Ages memories
- Time Travels and the future
- Åland Islands