New Exhibiton at the Kalmar County Museum
Now you can make Time Travels inside the Kalmar County Museum! The new exhibition “Return journey” takes the visitor to different places and historical time periods in the Kalmar County. Using the Time Travel method raises reflections and issues important for us today. For example, when you in the Exhibition-Time Travel “meet” emigrants in 1900, you probably ask yourself; - What would make me move from home? What would I bring on my journey? What is it like, coming to a new country? Of course we also (in a special travel pamphlet) encourage the visitors to visit other places in the Kalmar County in real life as well!
This summer we welcome tourists and everyone that is interested and curious. From school start, end of August, we also offer pedagogical programs for learners of all ages.
The exhibition was opened June 18 by Ebbe Westergren, Kalmar County Museum, President of the Bridging Ages Organization and creator of the Time Travel method.
Maria Kanje, Curator, Tina Lindström, Head of education and exhibition, Kalmar County Museum
- South Africa
- From studying the past to worrying about the future
- Adapting to Covid-19 in Sweden
- Time Travel method and Applied heritage, Academic course in Kalmar
- St Michael and the dragon.
- Time Travels and the future
- Bridging Ages memories
- “Return journey”
- Elin – a hardworking trainee at the Kalmar County Museum
- “Uprise or negotiations?” Oskarshamn, Sweden 1542
- Young people reflect on life and faith
- Bystanders – Does it matter?
- Living in two worlds
- NCK - The Nordic Centre of Heritage
- More living - Active age, Elderly care and heritage, South Africa and Sweden
- Eketorp Fortress – making history today
- Gesällen, Archaeology with young students
- Historic Environment Education at Linnaeus University
- Historical Fashion Show at Kalmar County Museum
- Time Travels' 20th Anniversary!
- A National/International Centre in Historic Environment Education in Kalmar
- "A day of the fifties" Time Travel to 1959 in Frödinge, Sweden
- International meeting in Sweden
- Eketorp Castle
- Historical props at Kalmar County Museum
- Historical costumes at Kalmar County Museum
- Kalmar County Museum
- Jämtlands läns museum
- Åland Islands