Kalmar County Museum
Experience your local history
"All-Time History" is an educational service at Kalmar County Museum, where archaeologists, historians and teachers work together. We help children, young people and adults of all ages to discover their own local history.The Kalmar County Museum offers exciting and varied Historical Days. We draw from original sources about the people and events which have been influential in your district during different periods.These days are held at a historic location close to your school. We travel back in time to the chosen epoch, where the pupils gain hands-on experience in cooking, handicrafts, clothes and tools from that time. They may even "meet" the persons who lived and worked in the district...
Take the chance to experience your own local history; to bring the history that starts right outside your door into your own world, into the child's and young person's world, into the school's world. Maybe a Bronze Age find near your school inspires "research" and an exciting day of historical experience. Imagine travelling 3,000 years back in time. For real. Or why not find out more about the nobleman that lived on the grounds near to the school 540 years ago? Can we travel back to his time and take part in the life on his land? Or, how was it 1,000 years ago, when the monk from the British Isles held a service at the areas well-to-do farmer's place? Or, experience how it was when worlds were changing at the turn of the century, 1900, in a meeting between industrial workers, the squire and the socialist.
The Historical Days are suitable for all ages, from pre-school, to school-leavers, to adults. The pedagogy is adjusted to suit the age of the pupils/students and the period of history presented. Get in touch with us at the museum, and don't forget to book in good time. Which periods of history are represented in your area? What is there close to your school? Why not find out more? And learn something for life!
- South Africa
- Jämtlands läns museum
- Kalmar County Museum
- Historical costumes at Kalmar County Museum
- Historical props at Kalmar County Museum
- Eketorp Castle
- International meeting in Sweden
- "A day of the fifties" Time Travel to 1959 in Frödinge, Sweden
- A National/International Centre in Historic Environment Education in Kalmar
- Time Travels' 20th Anniversary!
- Historical Fashion Show at Kalmar County Museum
- Historic Environment Education at Linnaeus University
- Gesällen, Archaeology with young students
- Eketorp Fortress – making history today
- More living - Active age, Elderly care and heritage, South Africa and Sweden
- NCK - The Nordic Centre of Heritage
- Living in two worlds
- Bystanders – Does it matter?
- Young people reflect on life and faith
- “Uprise or negotiations?” Oskarshamn, Sweden 1542
- Elin – a hardworking trainee at the Kalmar County Museum
- “Return journey”
- Bridging Ages memories
- Time Travels and the future
- Åland Islands