Time travels re-done at the kisumu railways station 45 years later
Saturday March 18, 2017 , marked a new era as Bridging Ages Western Kenya and the National Museums of Kenya role played the opening of the new train station in 1972. Participants were drawn from Maseno University, teachers from the locality, Kisumu museum staff and the shaurimoyo primary both teachers and pupils.
The event kicked off at 9.30am with John as the station master. There were five groups of participants. Group one was headed by Linda of the National Museums and was carrying out decoration of the railway station. Group two was headed by john who assisted the group members come up with a train time table from Nairobi to Kisumu. Group three was headed by Benedette who led her group in making various cuboids in order to explore on volume and capacity of various cuboids made/carried out the vending of sweets to travelers and the whole entourage. Group four was headed by Rosemary who led her group in ensuring that the train station is cleaned according to various measurements. Group five was headed by Christine who led her group in weighing of cargo and passengers. They also entertained the groups with songs and dances as we waited for the guest of honour. The mayor was Harold as the Minister who opened the new train station was Dan. Paul was the coordinator of all the programmes that were taking place during the time travels event. There was a recap spearheaded by Mildred.
The meeting of the teachers went on well after the time travels activity. Members agreed to meet again on the 31st march 2017 to deliberate on the registration of the bridging ages western Kenya.
Paul Odondo, Jon Ouma and the entire group from Bridging Ages Western Kenya
- Community Development among Nomads in Northern Kenya
- Time travels re-done at the kisumu railways station 45 years later
- Updated: Swedish Exhibition Agency videos from the 2014 BA conference
- Declaration from the Bridging Ages Conference in Ngurunit 2014
- Abstracts from the conference
- Conference programme
- Photos from the conference
- More photos from the conference
- Ngurunit conference, a chance of a life time.
- Conference in Ngurunit, northern Kenya 30 April 2011
- Life Mathematics
- Mathematics in the Historic Environment
- Bridging Ages Conference in Ngurunit, Kenya, 26-28 August 2014
- ”Education and Community Building”
- “Education, Heritage and Community Building” Draft program and more
- Karibu Kenya Welcome to Kenya!
- Education and Community Building Mathematics in the Historic Environment
- Mathematics and History together Time Travels at Kisumu Railway Station, Kenya
- Comments from delegates of the Bridging Ages Conference in Ngurunit 26-29 August 2014
- Comments from the Ngurunit conferenece
- Bridging Ages Western Kenya
- Time Travel event at the Maseno Maths Camp, Kenya
- Bridging Ages Kenya Launch
- South Africa
- Åland Islands