We are getting closer to the end of the year and for Bridging Ages it has been an interesting year! Engaging projects, new angles on applied heritage, Time Travels and conferences, as well as new branches coming onboard. In this Newletter you can read about projects in different corners of the world and this is still just a small part of it
all, I’m looking forward to summarizing the statistics for 2015, I have a feeling it will be very impressive!
It feels the big question this year has been social cohesion. This takes many different shapes and forms, but this is current all over the world. How to create a including society, where there is room for everyone? This is also the theme for next year’s conference in Kalmar: “Let’s do it – social cohesion through applied heritage and the Time Travel method”. The title really says it all; it’s time to not only talk, but to think what we can do together and how applied and the Time Travel method can be of use. In this Newsletter you find the call for papers; I know there are many fantastic projects out there on this theme on this theme and hope we get many interesting papers!
Four Newsletters in 2016
In 2016 there will be four Newsletters; in February, June, October and December. After the conference, the Newsletter will have the theme “social cohesion” and focus on articles and projects on this issue.
I wish you all Happy Holidays and a successful 2016 with many Time Travels!
President of Bridging Ages International
Regional Council of Ostrobothnia
- Adapting to Covid-19 in Finland
- Heritage Bridge – a collaboration project on 100 years anniversaries
- President's corner
- President's corner oct 2015
- Migration – a uniting theme for a Time Travel
- “A Place and its Story” – to discover the stories in your surroundings
- Time Travels - a way to collaborate between museums
- Medieval Time Travels in Vasa
- The Ostrobothnian Children's Culture Network BARK - Historic Environment Education for a region
- A lot is happening in Finland!
- Stundars Takes Time Travel to the Internet
- Christmas preparations in the Smith's cottage
- Oravais 1808
- South Africa
- Åland Islands