Medieval Time Travels in Vasa
Once a year in September, Kalmar County Museum visit Vaasa and Fria Kristliga Folkhögskolan. Together we arrange Time Travels for the students. The Time Travels have been held to the Iron Age, the Middle Ages and the 19th Century. ”Taking part in a historical Time Travel has proven to be an excellent way to experience a different reality. The use of historical clothing and equipment also helps to increase the understanding of a different time and existence”, says Thomas Nordström, principal of FKF.
In November each year Fria Kristliga Folkhögskolan arranges “Finland-Swedish Medieval Time Travels” for pupils in several primary school classes. The Finland-Swedish Medieval Days have become well known and appreciated.
“I think the pupils who take part in a Time Travel learns history better”, Hanna Sandberg, one of the Folk High School students, says. “But it is important that they have studied the time period beforehand.”
Fria kristliga folkhögskolan
- Oravais 1808
- Christmas preparations in the Smith's cottage
- Stundars Takes Time Travel to the Internet
- A lot is happening in Finland!
- The Ostrobothnian Children's Culture Network BARK - Historic Environment Education for a region
- Medieval Time Travels in Vasa
- Time Travels - a way to collaborate between museums
- “A Place and its Story” – to discover the stories in your surroundings
- Migration – a uniting theme for a Time Travel
- President's corner oct 2015
- President's corner
- Heritage Bridge – a collaboration project on 100 years anniversaries
- South Africa
- Åland Islands